RD Job Opening – Billings (Posted 7/16/20)
Forefront United – Billings, MT 59102
Seeking a Registered Dietitian to join our Talented Team within our growing organization!
This position must assure that dietary services are provided to residents that meet the current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations governing dietary services in a long term care environment to assure quality nutritional services and resident safety.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist in establishing proper diet plans for the residents in accordance with their preference, health, and physician orders
- Review therapeutic and regular diet plans and menus to assure that they are in compliance with physician orders
- Ensure that menus are maintained and filed in accordance with state and federal regulations
- Evaluate the health and diet needs of residents
- Calculate resident’s nutritional requirements
- Educate other dietary staff about food and nutrition
- Completes all required documentation in a timely, professional, and thorough manner
- Visit residents to do initial nutritional assessment and screening, explain diet, record food preferences, and promote a quality food service.
- Visit all residents at least once per quarter. Residents at nutritional risk are visited minimally once per month. Document all visits.
- Complete all audits related to QAPI
- Submit written reports to administration as necessary.
- Plan and present in-service education programs for the Dietary Department.
- Ensure continued compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations.
- Work with Dietary Manager to achieve quality food service.
- Maintain current Care Plan for each resident through interdisciplinary Care Plan meetings and updating when necessary.
- Report any problems to the Dietary Manager.
- Is responsible for knowing, understanding, and conveying to other dietary staff personnel the Federal and State rules and regulations regarding nursing home dietary requirements and is responsible for their enforcement within the scope of the Dietary Department.
- Participate in facility-wide and department Performance Improvement Program and on Performance Improvement teams to improve processes and patient care.
- Understand facility’s fire and disaster plans; follow established procedures during drills and actual emergencies.
Performs other tasks as necessary and appropriate when assigned
- Customer Service Oriented.
2. Basic Food Preparation Knowledge.
3. Sanitation and Safety Practices.
5. Clinical Oversight.
Must have the ability to coach others.
Proven ability to coach and teach within the kitchen.
Ability to lead a group of your peers.
Requires repetitive wrist motion.
The Dietitian sits, stands and walks intermittently through-out the working day. Must be able to speak and write in an understandable manner.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is an exempt salaried position, with expected hours to include: days, evenings, some weekends, and some holidays.
This position may require travel to and from multiple facilities with-in a designated region.
Required Education and Experience
- Must possess a bachelor’s degree in Dietetics from an accredited college or university. Must possess a current active license to practice as a dietitian in this state. Long term care experience preferred. Must possess knowledge and skills necessary to provide dietary services appropriate to the age-related needs of residents.
Preferred Education and Experience
1-3 years’ experience in a healthcare related foodservice setting.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Verbal and writing abilities necessary to communicate and work effectively with various levels of staff, residents, family members and the public.
- Numerical ability necessary to make various computations in keeping work records, and in recipe preparation.
- Ability to read, understand, and follow recipe directions, diet orders and work assignments. Able and willing to work flexible hours, such as during an emergency situation. Must be patient and tolerant toward staff, residents, and family members.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
None at this time (Subject to change)
Forefront Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Referral Program
- Relocation Assistance
- Vision Insurance