WIC Opening – Miles City, MT (Posted 6/24/18)
AGENCY: Developmental Educational Assistance Program (DEAP)
LOCATION: Miles City, MT
POSITION: WIC Program
30 hours per week. The WIC Coordinator/CPA is responsible for the operation of the WIC Program. Ensures State WIC and local agency policies and procedures are followed. Determines applicants eligible for participation, assesses nutritional risk and prescribes supplemental foods. Oversees operations of WIC for all satellites; travel required.
Agency CPA’s shall be one of the following:
- Registered Dietitian (RD);
- Nutritionist with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from any college/university which is accredited/approved by the Commission on Accreditation for Dietetics Education;
- Diet Technician, registered (DTR);
- Health-related degreed professional (such as RN, LPN, Health Promotion, Health Education, Health & Human Development, Community, Early Child Development, Exercise Science, Family and Consumer Sciences, or Home Economics) with 6 or more semester credit hours in food and nutrition appropriate to the WIC population (including courses in Basic Nutrition, Nutrition in Life Cycle, Community Nutrition or Nutrition and Disease) and successful completion of an anatomy/Physiology series of coursework.
- Other degreed professionals with 12 or more semester credits in food and nutrition appropriate to the W.I.C. population (including courses in Basic Nutrition, Nutrition in the Life cycle and at least one other upper-level nutrition class) and successful completion of an Anatomy/Physiology coursework must have been completed within the past 10 years, unless the applicant has been working in the Nutrition field.
- A Montana WIC CPA as of the original effective date of August 1, 2003.
Experience in nutrition intervention, management, and computer use.
Knowledge and/or experience with nutrition and breastfeeding.
Must have a reliable personal vehicle available to use to meet the requirements of the position.
SALARY: $20-$25 depending on experience, qualifications, and responsibilities assigned.
Send a resume and three references to DEAP, 2200 Box Elder, Miles City, MT 59301. Attn. Brooke Bartholomew or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org