MT Crunch Time
October is National Farm to School Month. In Montana, we can celebrate by participating in Montana Crunch Time, an event put on by Montana Farm to School and Montana Team Nutrition. On October 24th at 2 pm you can take part by biting in to a locally or regionally grown apple.
Here are six orchards in Montana to check out:
- Bluewater Orchard in Fromberg, MT
- Swanson’s Mountain View Apple Orchards in Corvallis, MT
- Ross Orchards in Fromberg, MT
- Anderson Orchards in Rudyard, MT
- Boja Farm in Bridger, MT
- O’Farrell Orchards in Bigfork, MT
By purchasing apples grown in Montana you are supporting local growers and the communities they live in. If you want to make your Crunch Time participation official, you can register at http://www.montana.edu/mtfarmtoschool/mt-crunch-time.html.
Enjoy crunching into your delicious locally grown apple!
Written by Julia Eltzroth, MDI Intern 2017-2018