NFPE Workshop – Missoula, MT 9/6/19
Registration is open for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics’
Nutrition Focused Physical Exam (NFPE) Hands-On Training Workshop
in Missoula, MT
When: Friday, September 6, 2019
Where: Providence St. Patrick Hospital in Missoula, MT
Time: 7:30am – 4:30pm
- Level: 1, 2
- Hours: 10
Pricing: (includes all workshop materials)
- Early Bird Registration Fee (add $75 after July 9th):
- Member: $400
- Non-Member: $525
To Register, visit:
**See attached flyer for more information for this date.
This hands-on Adult NFPE training workshop provides registered dietitian nutritionists with the skills and knowledge necessary to perform NFPEs at their clinic, hospital or patient center to aid in the diagnosis of malnutrition.
After attending the NFPE Hands-On Training Workshop, the RDN workshop participant will be able to:
- Recognize the role of NFPE in identifying malnutrition
- Assess muscle wasting and fat loss
- Evaluate the presence of edema or fluid accumulation
- Identify clinical signs of micronutrient deficiencies and toxicities
- Measure functional status using hand grip strength dynamometer
- Demonstrate basic NFPE skills on actual patients
Attendees have the opportunity to perform NFPE on real patients during patient rounds with Academy trainers in small groups (6 participants and 1 trainer).
Attendees are also prepared to return to their facility and train their facility RDN colleagues through a peer champion program, who are in turn eligible to earn 8 CEUs for a $75 (members) / $100 (non-members) fee. Ask your facility whether they will reimburse your costs!