Eat Right Montana
A partner of the Montana Dietetic Association, Eat Right Montana (ERM) is a diverse group of individuals and organizations who have come together with the common goal of providing consistent, science-based nutrition and physical activity messages to all Montanans. Since they began in 1992, ERM has grown and come to understand the necessity of collaboration and partnerships.
As a coalition, they offer partners:
- A common goal
- Coordination of efforts
- Consistent communications
- Shared resources
- Shared responsibilities
- Diverse partners
- Networking opportunities
- Opportunities for action
School Nutrition, TEAM Nutrition | Montana Team Nutrition / OPI
Montana Team Nutrition supports schools in building healthy nutrition environments so that children:
- Learn about food through nutrition education and farm to school activities
- Enjoy delicious, healthy meals served in smart lunchrooms that nurture positive and pleasant mealtimes, and
- Practice healthy eating and physical activity habits during the school day.
Team Nutrition staff provide training and technical assistance to school staff, community members, and local and state wide partners. Utilizing the Dietary Guidelines for Americans and the USDA School Wellness policy as the foundation of our services,we are proud to support children in eating smart and playing hard for a healthy future.
Kids Eat Right Crew
In celebrating the third year of Kids Eat Right (KER), the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics has set a goal to double the KER national membership! The Academy has said, “Help take Kids Eat Right to the next level!”
MTAND has done just that: Katie Borgen, RD, from Kalispell is the Montana Affiliate Kids Eat Right Crew Member who to represents you in the national program.
To honor our commitment, this website page is dedicated to providing continuous information to members regarding mini-grant opportunities and resources. MTAND wants to involve as many members as possible in this coordinated, state wide effort.
Benefits and duties for Kids Eat Right Affiliate/DPG Crew Teams:
- Lead efforts in your affiliate/DPG/MIG to increase KER visibility, membership, and participation
- Receive exclusive funding (up to $20,000) for KER RD mini-grants for your members
- Participate in quarterly KER Crew conference calls with Foundation staff and other Crew members
- The first affiliates/DPGs to join are eligible to receive an Academy Foundation-sponsored Kids Eat Right presentation at your affiliate/DPG annual meeting
- Receive ready-made KER messaging for your website and member communications
- Exclusive opportunity to participate in developing new KER educational materials
- Receive a KER promotional kit for use at your annual meeting
- Recognition of your KER Crew participation at the FNCE Leadership breakfast, on the KER Foundation website and in KER presentations
- Join the Kick-Off Celebration at FNCE leadership breakfast and receive your KER Crew member t-shirt!