Eat Right Montana
A partner of the Montana Dietetic Association, Eat Right Montana (ERM) is a diverse group of individuals and organizations who have come together with the common goal of providing consistent, science-based nutrition and physical activity messages to all Montanans. Since they began in 1992, ERM has grown and come to understand the necessity of collaboration and partnerships.
As a coalition, they offer partners:
- A common goal
- Coordination of efforts
- Consistent communications
- Shared resources
- Shared responsibilities
- Diverse partners
- Networking opportunities
- Opportunities for action
School Nutrition, TEAM Nutrition | Montana Team Nutrition / OPI
I am very pleased to be sending you the Nutrition Education (For Youth and Families) Program Directory for our great state of Montana.
This directory will be updated annually so please let me know of revisions or additions to it. A special thank you to Ms. Emily Dunklee, of School Nutrition Programs, OPI for her time in creating and completing the directory design
Katie Bark, RD,LN, SNS, Project Director
Montana Team Nutrition Program
Montana State University, 202 Romney Gym
PO Box 173370, Bozeman, MT 59717-3370
(406) 994-7300 – fax
School Lunch News
View these excellent articles for an update on School Nutrition Issues:
- Why You Should Support School Breakfast, Even If Your Kid Eats at Home. Huffington Post, September 2013 »
Kids Eat Right Crew
In celebrating the third year of Kids Eat Right (KER), the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics has set a goal to double the KER national membership! The Academy has said, “Help take Kids Eat Right to the next level!”
MTAND has done just that: Katie Borgen, RD, from Kalispell is the Montana Affiliate Kids Eat Right Crew Member who to represents you in the national program.
To honor our commitment, this website page is dedicated to providing continuous information to members regarding mini-grant opportunities and resources. MTAND wants to involve as many members as possible in this coordinated, state wide effort.
Benefits and duties for Kids Eat Right Affiliate/DPG Crew Teams:
- Lead efforts in your affiliate/DPG/MIG to increase KER visibility, membership, and participation
- Receive exclusive funding (up to $20,000) for KER RD mini-grants for your members
- Participate in quarterly KER Crew conference calls with Foundation staff and other Crew members
- The first affiliates/DPGs to join are eligible to receive an Academy Foundation-sponsored Kids Eat Right presentation at your affiliate/DPG annual meeting
- Receive ready-made KER messaging for your website and member communications
- Exclusive opportunity to participate in developing new KER educational materials
- Receive a KER promotional kit for use at your annual meeting
- Recognition of your KER Crew participation at the FNCE Leadership breakfast, on the KER Foundation website and in KER presentations
- Join the Kick-Off Celebration at FNCE leadership breakfast and receive your KER Crew member t-shirt!